QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
ETHICS AND CRIMINAL RECORD
After taking into account the above guidelines, it is important to consider the compatibility and suitability of the nominee for service to the community. There is scope for consideration of nominees who might not necessarily meet each and every guidelines as far as they are not part of the excluded group under The Charity Commission’s Regulations. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/automatic-disqualification-rule-changes-guidance-for-charities
With the rising rates of Covid-19, the introduction of new strains and the roll-out of the vaccine there is overwhelming pressure on the NHS and front-line staff.
We wanted to show the Ely Muslim Communities appreciation for all the hard work, dedication and sacrifices that the NHS has made during the pandemic. As such, we have been providing free meals to local NHS teams.
We started on 10 February 2021 with both the MIU and Welney Ward at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely. Alhamdullilah these have been well received so far with the management team at the MIU stating:
“The MIU team are very grateful to receive this very kind donation of food from the Islamic Centre on behalf of the Muslim Community. It was a lovely gesture from them. Thank you” – Clinical and Operations Manager, Minor Injuries Unit
We have also received positive press in the local media through an article with the Ely Standard:
In Sha Allah we will continue to support our local health and social care teams by providing further meals in the coming weeks.
Assalamu alaikum all,
1. Please *book you place on EIC website or Facebook for Jumca/Friday prayers* .
2. *For ALL prayers Everyone one should scan there NHS COVID-19 APP at the entrance* to help with contact tracing,
3. *Do Wudu and toileting at home* there will be No toilet/wudu facility
4. *Bring your own ; Face covering (it will cost £0.50 to buy one), prayer mat, shoe bag, phone for Quran.*
5. *Always keep 2 meter social distance and follow volunteer advice* on sitting and leaving arrangement.
6. *No Handshakes, mingling or hugs and No sharing food or drinks* – you can bring your own water and umbrella
7. *Please ensure your prayer space is cleaned as per volunteer advice and sanitize hands after on leaving*
8. *And a reminder to read surah Al Kahf on Fridays*