Assalamu alaikum all,
I hope you are all well and in the best of health and Imaan. May Allah accept all our good deeds and forgive our shortcomings in this blessed 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.
In Sha Allah Eid al-Adha has been confirmed to be on Tuesday 20th July 2021.
This year Eid prayers and Khutbah will be held at Ely Paradise Centre Newnham St, Ely CB7 4PQ. It will be in the main hall and will be open from 8:20 am. The Eid prayer will be at 8:45 am promptly followed by the Khutbah. We therefore encourage all to be there on time.
It’s open to everyone including children.
After Eid prayers the function room and outdoor space will be available for our Eid social activities;
Although most legal restrictions will be lifted, with cases going up we still need to be cautious and for this reason the EIC trustees and Imams recommend the following public health measure are followed;
Finally if you need update on what the current COVID-19 restrictions rule and guidance see below:
And if you want to get NHS advice about COVID-19 see below:
With the rising rates of Covid-19, the introduction of new strains and the roll-out of the vaccine there is overwhelming pressure on the NHS and front-line staff.
We wanted to show the Ely Muslim Communities appreciation for all the hard work, dedication and sacrifices that the NHS has made during the pandemic. As such, we have been providing free meals to local NHS teams.
We started on 10 February 2021 with both the MIU and Welney Ward at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely. Alhamdullilah these have been well received so far with the management team at the MIU stating:
“The MIU team are very grateful to receive this very kind donation of food from the Islamic Centre on behalf of the Muslim Community. It was a lovely gesture from them. Thank you” – Clinical and Operations Manager, Minor Injuries Unit
We have also received positive press in the local media through an article with the Ely Standard:
In Sha Allah we will continue to support our local health and social care teams by providing further meals in the coming weeks.
Assalamu alaikum all,
1. Please *book you place on EIC website or Facebook for Jumca/Friday prayers* .
2. *For ALL prayers Everyone one should scan there NHS COVID-19 APP at the entrance* to help with contact tracing,
3. *Do Wudu and toileting at home* there will be No toilet/wudu facility
4. *Bring your own ; Face covering (it will cost £0.50 to buy one), prayer mat, shoe bag, phone for Quran.*
5. *Always keep 2 meter social distance and follow volunteer advice* on sitting and leaving arrangement.
6. *No Handshakes, mingling or hugs and No sharing food or drinks* – you can bring your own water and umbrella
7. *Please ensure your prayer space is cleaned as per volunteer advice and sanitize hands after on leaving*
8. *And a reminder to read surah Al Kahf on Fridays*